I just watched 'Densha Otoko' (or Train Man), a Japanese drama in short, about an otaku in love with a girl and started asking his other otaku friends on how to interact with the girl.
In the first episode, I can see that otakus are really hated. And that this main character is super unlucky. Trying to help a girl get her balloon from a tree but failed because he was accused of peeking in to the house and fell down(spraining his ankle). So the girl took his resume or whatever that business stuff and threw it down the river. And to top it all up, his father or sister TOTALLY forgotten about his brithday(which is on that day of misfortune). So he celebrated by himself... So pitiful. Even bad day doesn't get any worse than that.
I bought the novel last week and is still reading it. The only difference is that the drama has more content, I think, than the novel as the novel just concentrates what happen to him in the forum (2ch).
Sunday, November 1, 2009
9:34 AM
----------------